Wednesday, October 22, 2008

How do you build a business online?

That’s a great question and one I get often. How do you start? What is your strategy? What kind of business is best for online? Let’s go through these and answer each of them.

For me, building online is about putting myself out there to be found. It’s about handing someone a business card online vs. offline. It’s about building relationships and friendships that eventually lead to partnerships. I’ve detailed my steps at

http://www.squidoo.com/lisawillard



Feel free to leave your comments and your feedback. If you have any questions, I will answer those too.


Question 2 - What is your strategy?


Business building is about relationships, so I enjoy connecting with others. It’s like going to a party. Just like a party, you have to show up. It’s not about throwing your business on everyone, instead is about getting to know others. One of my favorite methods is social networking. Facebook, Myspace, and Ning are just a few of the social networking communities out there today. Check out my profile at Myspace and let me know what you think. You can get a good idea of how I network online.

http://www.myspace.com/willardbunch


If you have a Myspace page, request me as a friend and mention my blog so I know how you found me. I look forward to connecting with you.

Another method I use is writing about things other than business. I create content around things I’m passionate about……..like my home town or cooking. This is a great opportunity to meet other people. You never know who you will come into contact with.

Visit my lens about my home town. You might just need to come visit.



http://www.squidoo.com/cordell-oklahoma



You may be wondering….How much time should I devote. I believe with 10 hours per week, you can build a solid online presence and team. Staying focused, committed and taking action is key.

What type of a business is a fit with the Internet? This is a question I also hear frequently. Do you really know how to evaluate a business and what to look for? It’s sometimes difficult for people to move beyond the hype. Look for some great tips here.


http://www.network-marketing-success-tools.com/my-home-business.html

No comments: