Friday, May 30, 2008

There is no plan B

There is no plan B

This is an amazing word of advice from Mitch Hayes of The Home Business Answer. Take his message to hear and it will make a difference in your MLM success.

I was having a discussion a while back with another, very successful, member of my organization, his name is Martin. We were talking about motivation, selling out, doing whatever is necessary to succeed in this industry. I asked him what had made him so very successful and his reply almost bowled me over in it's simplicity, yet it was such a powerful motivator that it became a defining moment in my MLM career, in my life, even. He said "Mitch, there is no Plan B." What power, what insight was contained in those simple words. He's right, you know. For me, for many of us in this industry, the industry, MLM, is our one shot at creating a secure financial future. For whatever reason, lack of planning, calamity, sickness, poor financial decisions, we have no other means with which to build enough wealth to retire securely and comfortably.

At that moment, the epiphany that exploded in my mind defined me and set me upon a course not unlike Cortez when he came to the "New World." He commanded his troops to "burn the ships." Why? It left them with no "Plan B." They were sold out! They were committed! They had to be, there was no going back. For me, there is no going back. There are not enough years nor is there enough strength left in this 54 year old body to do it the old fashioned way, invest, save, etc. My personal situation is not unlike many of you, i imagine. Life has dealt me enough curves, some of which I dealt myself, I might add, that I have no savings, no investments, not enough in retirement, pension plans, to survive on, let alone live the "good life." And I don't want to wind up a Wal Mart greeter, or bag boy in some grocery store at 65 years of age. Not even!

No, this is it for me. It is my one and only plan, my one and only course of action, my one and only means with which to secure my financial independence and freedom. This is a major componant of my "why." If this doesn't work for me, nothing will. So it's "damn the torpedos and full speed ahead!" It's sell out, give my all, whatever it takes, i will do, because there is No "Plan B." Sure I want to get completely out of debt. Sure, I was tired of living paycheck to paycheck. Sure, I want to have a legacy to leave my kids, when I am gone. But those motivators, powerful as they can be, pale in comparrison to the realization that, the ships are burned, the old world is an ocean away, my future is in my hands, no one else's. It's succeed or else. I'm not being melodramatic here, it's the absolute truth.

Fortunately for me, and for many of you in the same boat, oh, I forgot they were burned, just kidding. As I was saying, fortunately for all of us, MLM is a great industry! We truly are in control of our own destiny, or own financial security, our own financial future.

I'm thankful that there is no "Plan B." If there were, I would have been tempted to give up, quit, because contrary to what many people believe, this industry is not easy.

It's simple, unbelievably and amazingly simple, but it's not easy. It requires resolve, a thick skin, determination, commitment. It requires a strong enough "why!"


BELIEVE Success!


Lisa

No comments: